Skip to main content

Black Panther (review)


I've seen it and the review will be coming, safe to say, it's now tied as my favorite MARVEL TITLE/Single-Hero movie. The other being Captain America: Winter Solider (and if you know the history between Black Panther and Cap, this makes perfect sense :))



Ok. Wow. So, yeah, I'm soooooooooo far behind on this review it's basically pointless to write.
Too bad I'm still going to do it, but it's not going to be nearly as long or as indepth as it might've been had I not been a lazy ass.




 Wakanda

To

The best part of Black Panther, aside from the only other topic I'll briefly cover (because by now you all should've seen the movie at least twice) is how NEW and FRESH and NEVER-SEEN-BEFORE this world is.


The landscapes. The colors. The culture. The music. The costumes. The languages. The characters.
#1: The respect for this world was ON POINT.




And with respect, comes the complexity that can only be found at the heart of a truly interesting world.

The Villain

Killmonger made this movie for me.
The greatest potential for destruction wasn't from without, but within. #Asitshouldbe
Everything he hated, pushed him to become the worst/best he could possibly be, inorder to destroy and remake that which inspired and fueled his whole life. 
He was both:
A) Everything they said he was—always in the negative; as both shield and sword: all the tropes turned on their heads, wielded like tools for a greater goal that set him apart from all classifications/tribes "they" wished to box him in. 
B) Everything they were—elite; which everyone along the way did their best to not see in him or value beyond their means to use him or dismiss him.
And because of HOW he came to be...
HOW he chose (if a choice) to grow....
He remained a broken person and unable to see another path—or perhaps his POV wasn't blinded by the protections and pleasures of growing up in Wakanda, but growing up in America as a Black Man. 
Nevertheless, his existence forced T'challa to realize a truth: Wakanda wasn't perfect or without fault in a world they wished to hide from. 
 They could abandon or at best abstain from their duty, NO MORE. And that wouldn't have happened, without Killmonger challenging T'challa and the whole structure of Wakanda. 
In the end, like all great villains, he was T'challa's greatest teacher.


*My only ISSUEs
1-I wish more Spiritualism would've come into play. 
2-I wish some kinda African Magic would've been involved; not science or tec, but TRUE magic. I wish that's how Black Panther finally beat Golden Jaguar: That it turned out the Purple Flower and Suit weren't the last, but the first tools of the Black Panther. 
~But these are only the complaints of a writer who wishes he'd gotten his hands on something as badass as this to play around with for hundreds of millions of people to see and fall in love with. :)

Bravo!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reivew: The Dark Tower

I've read the whole series and I've read all the comics... I enjoyed the movie. Lots of good things to talk about it. Few bumps. One or two bad moments. Overall, good movie. I hope they make more. So, let's get into it—and since I enjoyed the movie, it won't be that long of a review: more to talk about when it sucks :)  So, this is the world you know.... Now, the WHEEL has turned and Roland has been returned to the beginning....and yet, it's not the beginning as you know it, nor is THIS "The Gunslinger" the same as the one you've read, the world has moved on and many things have changed and yet some things are still the same ..... So, that's crucial point in understanding and accepting this movie as BOTH (book) 8 and yet the start of a WHOLE NEW ADVENTURE.  IF YOU CAN'T ACCEPT THAT, DON'T EVEN BOTHER WATCHING THE MOVIE   But for those who can, let us continue.    !SPOILERS!

Ink Master is BACK!

Yep. It's back! So let's do the rundown since we're already two episodes in.  FIRST!  They had to earn their shops this time, which was a fun and cool concept. By watching them do Convention Style Tattooing, you got to see a range of their skills. Most everyone did ok, with a few pointers needed here'n'there: Matti Hixson, Scott Marshall and Sausage (yes, that's his name) rounding out the overall best. Then they got into the final tattoos of the day, which was their choice...David Bell did a crushed skull and since he didn't represent it as being such, I think that's why he got picked out for it not being "readable"; but I think it was a cool. Randy Vollink did a water-color ship, which didn't look bad, but wasn't up to par. Keith Diffenderfer did an ugly, ghoulish woman...SORRY, no one wants an ugly chick on their body, I don't care who you are and the judges told him so. Everyone else kinda fell in the middle thereafter a

My review of Justice League

So, if you read my review of BvS: Dawn of Justice, and you follow me on FB and Twitter, you're likely surprised I even saw this movie. Me too. But, it just so happens an opportunity fell into my lap and so I decided to check it out. No, this isn't at all the JL I'd hoped for, but it's what we got. First, as I did with BvS I'll jump right in and say IT ISN'T TERRIBLE!!!!!!! (unlike BvS) Ok, Now, let's rate it: Overall, it's between a 6ish and 7, depending on what you think are the pros and cons, which we'll get to. (Again, I rated BvS a 3.5 to 5, so much improvement) The plot is kinda straight forward and so I won't really much comment, though, the gathering of the team was weak. To be fair, really, the first half of the movie was bad to not very good—it was really  simple, worse than childlike in it's reasoning: "Hey guys, lets make a team to save the world" and so, we'll cover each teammate in turn because